Lubersac sits on the edge of the High Limousin, which it was part of until 1790 and the Low Limousin, which it has been part of since the Department of Corrèze was created.
The area has a rich architectural and natural heritage, the Church of St Etienne, the House of the Archpriests, the Chateau of Verdier and the Rubeau Chapel, varied and diversified landscapes with nature preserved in landscapes that bear witness to the history of the Limousin region. An ideal location for visitors, who can benefit from the range of local services, recently completed sporting facilities, water sports centre, tennis courts, stadiums, gymnasiums, bowling areas, camping sites etc.
An area soaked in history and famous people such as the Girondin, Bigorie du Chambon, General Souham who served first the King, then the Republic and finally the Empire and the Abbot Mugnier after whom a tower in the Chateau Verdier is named and who has been designated as the ‘Spirit of Paris’.
Discover the culinary heritage of the locality, here there is no black pudding without chestnuts and the local Limousin beef cattle have been exported around the globe; these are complemented by the seasonal products such as the delicious Ceps, found in the local woods and enjoyed in a tasty omelette.
+ download detailed document (321 ko)
+Télécharger le document détaillé (451 ko)
The Renaissance House
+Télécharger le document détaillé (268 ko)
The Centre for Sacred Art
Page Facebook du Centre d'Art Sacré
Legend has it that that a mother with a sick child went to pray at a shrine situated in the trunk of a tree. She promised that if her child got better she would erect a chapel on the site, the child recovered and she had the chapel built in thanks.
+Télécharger le document détaillé (220 ko)
The Antie Chapel
Is situated 5 kms from Lubersac. In the 11th century it was part of the church of St Martiel in Limoges under the patronage of St Michael.
In 1738 it became the parish church of Lubersac. At the time of the French Revolution the church was not sold by the government as it had the peculiarity of belonging to the villagers and not to the church itself.
What is a Green Station ?
A green site is a commune situated in a rural area, in the mountains or by the coast engaged in eco-tourism. The community organises a programme of tourism events and activities based on natural sites, local heritage and a respect for the environment.
The Federation of Green Stations adapts with the requirements of the local population and visitors in order to develop projects which take into account the social, economic and environmental needs of the areas for the present and the future.
+Télécharger le flyer en version pdf (302 ko)